Anybody who has a smart phone and Bank Account can Get BHIM or Other UPI ID. Provided your mobile number is registered with the bank and a debit card linked to that account.
First of all, Download & Install any of the UPI App., like BHIM / Google Pay / PayTM / PhonePe etc.
After installing and running the app for the first time:
- Select Language
- The app will ask permission to send SMS to verify
- A successful attempt will take you to the Home page
- If unsuccessful, after 45 seconds an OTP will be sent to you.
- After Successful OTP Verification, user will be prompted to dial USSD code
- Once National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) recognizes your mobile number and handset, your registration is complete.
On successful registration, User’s UPI ID Will be Created. You can add one more Virtual Payment Address (VPA) by going to the profile section.